Monday, November 5, 2012

eric.



from vacaville, ca.
4 years in provo.



"as far as fashion goes, i think my style has come from a couple of different places. early on in my life it was skateboarding that made all my fashion decisions for me. if it had a cool dc logo on it, i got it. but as life progressed i noticed i had other hobbies in addition to skateboarding which made me begin to think it might be ok if i bought clothes that weren't from a skateboarding brand. i don't have any specific style that i say i like, but i do have a few things that influence what i buy to wear. the first one is just divine intervention you might call it. i will be walking through a store, with no particular thing in mind, and then i will see something awesome, that i need, that i'm glad found me because i didn't even know that i was supposed to be looking for it. these things usually last the longest in my wardrobe and usually wear and tear claims them long before i'm ready to part with them. another way is the exact opposite, i will see something, on a blog, movie, in a dream, or whatever, and search the universe until i find it, but often times i don't. that's why i wished i could (and should learn to) sew. but sometimes happily i will find something that i am looking for and will rejoice. when i'm dressing i mostly just try to make colors match, and find combinations from my clothes that i havent tried before to make something new.

in germany i was surrounded by well dressed people. it occupied much more of my time than it does now, but i feel that some of my style nowadays was influenced by them. they are great at having well fitting clothes with great color choice/accents, and just being there makes you want to dress as much like a boss, and as creatively as you can.

but for the most part fashion doesn't occupy too much of my time and thought. but living in berlin this last summer has changed that a bit."




No comments:

Post a Comment